4/27/2007

Hugh Grant - Arrested Again

Hugh Grant is probably waking up this moring wishing that he didn’t throw a tin of baked beans at photographer Ian Whittaker yesterday:

Police would not confirm that Grant had been arrested, but said in a statement that a 46-year-old man was arrested in connection with an assault allegation on April 24 and bailed to return to a police station next month.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “A 46-year-old man was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault on a 43-year-old man in SW10 on April 24.

“He has been bailed to return to a police station on a date in May.”

A police spokeswoman later added that the 46-year-old man was arrested at 7.30pm yesterday and bailed later that evening.

The photographer who was in the area to take pictures of Liz Hurley who lives nearby claims that Hugh abused and kicked him before throwing the beans at him. He also claims that Hugh said he wished his children would die of cancer but Hugh’s lawyers have denied that Grant said any such thing.

This is Whittaker’s account of how the alleged incident happened:

Hugh alleged said “Do you know who I am? I’m a millionaire,” and screamed “Leave me alone.” Mr Whittaker told a tabloid newspaper: “I said ‘Give us a smile please’ and he looked really angry.

“I walked backwards and he walked after me. He was effing and blinding at me. He kicked me hard three or four times then kneed me in the groin.

“He asked if I had a girlfriend or kids and I said I had two. He said ‘I hope they die of f**king cancer’. I’m determined to see this through to the end because of what he said.”

No comments: