10/26/2007

Eva Mendes Interview in Latina Magazine


Great Eva Mendes interview in the November Issue of Latina Magazine

We all know Eva Mendes for her sex appeal, sense of humor, and killer roles alongside Hollywood’s finest, but she still always manages to surprise us…read on as Latina reveals what you may not have known about this sultry starlet…

On the hot opening scene of We Own the Night…

“Unfortunately, yes [I had to get buzzed]. It was a big deal, even though you’ve seen me do more nudity. We were rehearsing the scene one morning, and I started crying like a little Catholic girl.”

“I told him (Papi) and everybody else in my family to come 15 minutes late [to the premiere at the Cannes Film Festival].”


On the Ideal Role…Dark & Risqué!

“A lot of actresses are so stuck on looking beautiful, and I really am not. I’m about letting the beauty and the ugliness come out.”

Fave Latina Actresses in Hollywood:

“I admire all of us, because it’s not easy to tear down boundaries. I adore Penelope Cruz. I remember going to see Volver and just crying. I love the up-and-coming ones, too, like Zoë Saldana – she’s a really funny girl. I just want more of us.”

Looking back to her childhood:

“It’s just so hard to go to school and be a 12-year-old, period. I wanted to have finer features, I didn’t want to be so dark, I didn’t want to have my mom speaking Spanish in front of the school where everyone was watching. But thank G-d it was just a phase.”

As for her beau, George Augusto…

“Even if you’re complete opposites, what matters is that you balance each other out, like a see saw – you don’t want to be on the floor or up in the sky. I’m really high-strung, loud and obnoxious. My boyfriend is quiet, mild-mannered and completely rational, whereas I’m completely emotional.”


Looking into the future…

“[If I had a daughter], I would teach her about culture. That’s probably why I don’t have kids yet. I feel like I need to go to Cuba first – whether Castro is in power or not – and figure out some stuff on my own. I guess it would be fun to go with my daughter and find out together.”

No comments: