10/07/2010

Dana Delaney Talks Botox and Eating Disorders

Prevention Magazine's November cover star, Dana Delaney talks about her bad experience with Botox, dealing with serious eating issues and more. Issue is on newsstands now!!!! Interview highlights below:
On her botched Botox:
"Seven years ago, I had never heard of Botox. My dermatologist was saying "You should try it." He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since. It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit."
On her bad health habits:
"When I was a teenager and in my twenties, I had eating issues. I binged. I starved. I was one step from anorexia—a piece of toast and an apple would be all I would eat in a day."
On plastic surgery and the Hollywood actresses that keep it natural:
"I won't do it, no."
"My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything. And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."
On dancing with the cast of "Glee":
"I was recently in London doing press, and the cast from "Glee" was there, and I sort of became an honorary "Glee" member. We all went out dancing at a nightclub, which was the most fun in the world!"
"It cracked me up because all these kids just love Eighties music, and I was around in the Eighties, so I don't like it as much as they do."
On death:
"So I think I have a pretty good relationship with death. Ever since I was a little kid, it wasn't something I feared."

No comments: